- What am I trying to achieve from my workouts?
- How will I know I’ve reached my goal?
- When do I want to achieve the goal by?
- Is it realistic?
If you can’t answer all of those questions your goal is definitely not well defined and your workouts are probably ineffective. Fortunately, you just need to do 2 things now…
Step #1 – Set Proper Goals
Goals should be specific, measurable, achievable and have a time limit. Here is a bad example:
“I want to get fit, more toned and look good”
Here is a good example:
“I want to lose 2% body fat within 2 months”
It’s specific (2% body fat), measurable (body fat), achievable for most people and has a deadline of 2 months.
Step #2 – Choose the Right Workouts
While it would be impossible to give you all the answers because it is very specific to each person, I can give you some example workouts which will help you build muscle, burn fat and improve your cardio (heart and lungs) fitness.
If you want to lose body fat, I’d recommend the following:
- 2 x Full body weight training workouts per week (see below)
- 3 x HIIT sessions at home (see below videos)